Who really cares if I get on the ballot?
It just occured to me that it's likely no one besides myself and a few friends would actually care if I made it on the ballot. Sad, because if it had more gravity and structure it would make a good story.
A good story would have a proper set-up, about how I got into running for State House and why I'm still trying.
Let's say I meet a girl at some political function, and we're sitting next to each other, sharing politics and maybe more. She wants to know what's going on with my signature drive.
Next it's me walking through some neighborhood, while neighbors give me guff about signing petitions, the state of the world, whatever --
Them: "I don't know you."
Me: "Do you know my opponent?"
Silence.
More later.
1 comment:
PS -- I lost my election by a 90-10 margin.
Post a Comment