Friday, June 01, 2012

Seeking New Challenge -- 2012.06.01

Today is the first day I could leave payroll and collect severance.

My boss has setup a meeting to divvy up my job responsibilities. I already handed off a couple to various folks. But today I made a list. It takes a sentence over two pages, covering 12 items.

12 chores make a factotum.

My boss is already 25 minutes late, and this is after a resched. Should have been more troublesome as an employee, huh?

Looking at my company job board -- one of my saved job profiles is called "cheezburgerz in paradise" because I listed some of the Florida Keys as my preferred job locations. I bet anyone working in that area isn't going anywhere until they retire or assume room temperature.

But that's about the only positive quality our job board has. It's a piece of work from Taleo, and its' quirkiness is exceeded only by its' apparent popularity with large corporations -- Southern Company and some other big outfit use it too.

Quirky in that it doesn't allow "Open as new window" -- it takes you to Saved Searches -- but when you backspace (or click Back), it takes you back to job #1. As a memory aid, though, it's pretty decent.

Sometimes it says, "That job is no longer available." when you click through.


Taleo's quirkiness is NOT exceeded by its' power...

Speaking of quirky deadness, I wonder how a wake for my career would fly with my soon-to-be-erstwhile team?

New meeting time -- so I have a few minutes to navigate the quirkiness once more...

Applied for 1 job on Careerbuilder.

No comments: