Sunday, June 03, 2012

Seeking New Challenge -- 2012.06.02 and .03

I did not deliver yesterday's blog. Pity the poor reader.

Spent the morning dragging my "street racer" -- a '94 Jetta -- to the emissions station. It failed the last time about two weeks ago, so I spent last weekend replacing the catalytic converter.

Yesterday I began looking at selling my old "cat". How does one find the price of a used catalytic converter?

Thought I was going to fail the emissions test again, as the Jetta was blowing out pale orange smoke. And it had the palpable odor of hydrogen sulfide. But it passed -- needs a tune-up though.

I did apply to one job on Careerbuilder yesterday.

Today, my mind is already going in several directions -- I have an interview on Monday and that calls for a complete pick-over of the company's website.

Also reading James Altucher. My blog reads like a desert compared to him. But no matter, it's mostly therapy anyway.

Another direction -- call it desperation -- googling "weird jobs" today. Does it indicate reaching rock bottom? Cue "The Confessor"...

No comments: