D-day anniversary today. I've seen "Saving Private Ryan" easily a dozen times, and the opening scene an additional dozen. If any slice of time defined the saying, "Dying's easy, it's living that's hard.", it's June 6, 1944.
But I'll skip the war movie watching today if I can help it.
Will meet with a manager at my company today about a job he's looking to fill. Meant to wear my suit but had problems -- 1) My white shirt sat on a hanger so long it has brown streaks on the shoulders; 2) the blue shirt I wore for Monday's interview had sweat stains in the pits. Which surprised me a little because I had my car's AC turned up to "meatlocker" the entire trip.
So I skipped the suit and tie and wore a gold (or tan) shirt, blue slacks, black shoes, no tie.
Time to buy a sports jacket for times such as these when my suit strategy goes to hell.
But I've done some homework on my potential boss and what his group is doing, our competition in the space, etc.
James Altucher could call me his bitch. Been reading his stuff for hours a day for the past two weeks. So far, where I've been poking myself hasn't drawn much blood. Change could come any moment though.
Instead of a war movie, maybe I'll watch Alec Baldwin's scene in "Glengarry Glen Ross" instead. Just watched it. I forgot that Alan Arkin was in it.
My potential boss wore a tie today. Not so good. But he said he wasn't expecting the same from me. I asked if he'd hire me if I upgraded my wardrobe (Always Be Closing -- thank you Alec Baldwin.)
If I don't get the job, it's the fault of my white shirt that sat there and collected dust.
Also, applied to 1 job on Craigslist.
No comments:
Post a Comment